If you haven’t been to WEC before, then our Sunday morning service is the best time to visit us. This is our main gathering as a community to come together and worship God.
How to find us.
Sunday morning service – 10.30am
We meet every Sunday at 10.30am. Everyone is very welcome to join us, even if you’re not familiar with church.
Concerned about Covid?
We want everyone to feel comfortable in our church services. We continue to have some 2m spaced seating at the rear of the hall that you can use if you would prefer to minimise any risk.
What to expect
We invite you to take part in as much or as little as you would like. Our services usually last 1 hour to 1 hr 15 minutes and include:
- Bible Readings – you can bring a Bible with you or use one provided at the hall. We believe that the Bible is a key way that God speaks to us today.
- Prayers – we talk to God because he listens and answers our prayers.
- Singing – we sing to celebrate who God is and all that he has done, especially through sending his son Jesus.
- A Sermon – because we believe God has something to say to our lives today from the Bible. You can listen to past talks here.
- And once a month, the Lord’s Supper (Communion), to celebrate the friendship we have with God through Jesus’ death and resurrection.
You are very welcome just to join in or just watch and, after the service, to ask us any questions you have about what we believe and do.
Activities for Children
During term time there is a group for children of primary school age that runs for some of the service. We’ll announce when it’s time for the children to head out.
The first Sunday of the month is usually an All Age service, designed for the whole church family.
There is a room to the side of the hall that can be used as a creche for babies and toddlers. There is an audio link so that you can listen to what’s going on in the service.
Evening Prayer Service – 6pm
On Sunday evenings we meet together to hear from God’s Word and spend extended time praying together. We start with teaching on a short portion of Scripture to set our minds on God. Then we spend most of our time praying together, often sharing things to pray for one another, our city, nation, and world.
If you have any questions, please get in touch.